Fort Saskatchewan Music Festival
Since 1959, the Fort Saskatchewan Music Festival has worked to promote and foster the musical achievements of youth in our community. The Festival features student performers living within the Elk Island and Sturgeon School Divisions.
The focus of our committee is to provide students and school groups performing in music disciplines such as piano, choir, vocal, instrumental, band, and handbells the opportunity to develop their music ability through adjudication by a professional musician.
- Enhances musical skills, self confidence and performance abilities.
- Fosters positive life skills, due to the advance preparation and discipline required.
- Enhances camaraderie between children from different backgrounds who share a common interest.
- Develops musical growth for our youth, to become adults with strong appreciation for music, who will give back to their communities the skills learned.
- Provides an opportunity to learn from a professional, academic musician.
Students and groups who achieve top standing for their musical performances are presented with a monetary award sponsored by individuals or companies.
Our Festival is entirely donor funded. Donations go towards the rental of facilities, adjudication fees, technicians, printing of programs, and some administrative costs.
Please consider supporting our Festival by contacting us at [email protected]